August Council Meeting Highlights August 10, 2021 - 7:00 pm
1) Ed Sites came to the meeting to talk about MA’s Pantry. Ed has put in for a grant of $500 if we give $500 toward Feeding the Hungry. We could use the 2 quarters left of St. John’s giving to MA’s Pantry to use toward the grant. Ed will advise when/if the grant goes through.
2) The paperwork was resubmitted for the PPP Loan to turn into a grant. We are waiting for a response.
3) KeyBank branch is closing in September. Council voted to move our checking account and organ fund account over to Citizen’s Bank. Starting in September, the counters will make deposits to the Citizen’s Bank located in the Giant Eagle in North Versailles.
4) The organ loan balance due is $40,463.
5) Homecoming Event to be held in August – August 25th 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
6) Pastor Kimberly will hold small group pot-luck meet and greets starting in August, to get to know the congregation and to learn where you foresee the church growing.
7) Council voted to get a Ring Doorbell or similar device for the front door. This will offer additional security for Debi as she does her secretarial duties.
8) Covid issues and letter from Bishop – Council voted to strongly encourage members to wear masks inside the building, regardless of vaccination status, and for people to keep a distance in the communion line. There will be something in the bulletin every week and Greeters can offer masks at the door.
9) Nametags – There has been positive feedback from numerous folks about using the nametags. Council voted to keep using nametags through the end of the year.
10) We are holding meetings at the church rather frequently. Please reserve a room through Debi.
Next council meeting scheduled for Sept 7, 2021 at 7pm.